- acorn squash (large, ends cut off, quartered and seeded)
- 2 cups spinach (finely chopped)
- 1 apple (large, chopped)
- 1/2 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 nutmeg (grind)
- 8 tablespoons swiss cheese low-fat (shredded)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Place squash in casserole dish in one inch water, cut side down. Cover and microwave 20 minutes until tender.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and saute onion, garlic and apple for 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, spinach and thyme. Saute another 15 minutes until turkey is cooked through. Add nutmeg.
- Top squash with 1/4 turkey mixture and top with cheese. Microwave one minute to melt cheese.