This Swedish cake is perfect for a special dessert. The batter is flavored with almond extract, which makes for a rich and aromatic cake. Sliced strawberries and bananas are pressed into the batter before baking, which allows their flavors to meld with the almond batter while baking. You can enjoy this cake still warm from the oven or fully cooled. It is great dusted with some powdered sugar or topped with dollop of whipped cream.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 100 grams chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 120 milliliters natural yogurt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin (pureed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups spelt flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a bundt pan.
- Prepare the swirl, combine a cup of sugar, the cinnamon, and butter pieces. With your fingertips, knead until it is combined together in a wet sand texture. Add the chocolate and combine well.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs well with sugar (about 5 minutes with an electric mixer), then add the yogurt, oil and pumpkin, beating well.
- Add flour with baking powder, baking soda, and spices and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Place half of the batter in the prepared pan, then top with th swirl (taking care not to touch the sides of the pan with the swirl mixture). Finally, put the remaining cake batter on top and bake until cooked (toothpick test).
- Unmold and serve sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon.