- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 50 grams butter (melted and cold)
- 50 milliliters lemon juice
- flaked almonds (to taste)
- sugar (extra, for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Grease a pie pan with butter.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar with the lemon zest, rubbing with your fingertips until the zest's oils are released into the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well. Add the flour and the coconut, mix well. Add the butter and the lemon juice, mix well.
- Pour the batter into the pan and use a spatula to smooth out the surface. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and sugar to taste.
- Bake until cooked and golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.