This Swedish potato side dish is perfect for the holidays. Quick and simple starchy potatoes, thinly sliced and brushed with a spicy, earthy butter sauce. The skin of the potato crisps up during the cooking process and keeps the butter sauce from drowning into the soft center of the potato. Remember not to cut through the whole potato, stop about halfway down for a perfect fanned out look. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over top for the finishing touch.
- fleur de sel
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Wash and dry the potatoes.
- 3Cut the potatoes into 2 millimeter thick slices, leaving them attached together at the bottom.
- 4Place the potatoes in a baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper.
- 6Add small pieces of butter and a drizzle of olive oil
- 7Bake for 40 minutes.