These crepes are a Swedish version of the French breakfast. Find the full post and more recipes on my website- aliroux.com
- 1 3/4 cups crepe mix
- butter (for the skillet)
- cream cheese (¾ cup or more, depending on taste)
- 2 teaspoons lemon curd
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh berries (or frozen, per person)
- maple syrup (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When warm, add a small amount of butter to cover the surface and let it melt. Fill a ½ cup measuring cup with batter and add to skillet. Swiftly pick the pan up and turn it side to side so the entire bottom of the pan is covered in batter. This takes some practice. You’ll get it! All crepes are delicious no matter what they look like.
- Let the batter cook for 3-5 minutes. When the edges start peeling up, check to see if it’s ready to flip. This part is preference. Cook them as light or dark as you like! When ready, use a wide spatula to flip the crepe and continue cooking the other side. The second side will cook a little faster. Check often after 3 minutes or so.
- Repeat steps 1-2 with the rest of the batter.
- While the crepes are cooking, prepare your berries and lemon curd cream cheese. If berries are frozen, defrost in microwave. In a medium sized bowl, add cream cheese. Use a fork and mix it until it has a light and whipped consistency. Add 1-2 teaspoons of lemon curd to the cream cheese, or to taste.
- Lay a cooked crepe flat on your plate and add a thin layer of cream cheese down the middle and two inches away from one of the ends. Add your berries, then fold it closed like a burrito.
- Top with maple syrup or powdered sugar if desired.
PER SERVING *
|Calories740Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.