Swedish Bread RollsEl invitado de invierno
Make your own delicious bread rolls at home with this recipe for Swedish Bread Rolls. The crust is crunchy and delicious, made possible by baking the rolls with steam. Lightly sweetened and spiced with cardamom, these rolls are the perfect addition to breakfast or brunch. A yeasted dough, you will need to start a pre-ferment before making the rest of the dough in addition to letting the dough rise at the various stages of the preparation process.
- 350 grams bread flour
- 10 grams sugar
- 260 grams whole milk
- 15 grams fresh yeast
- 230 grams bread flour
- 1 eggs
- 10 grams salt
- 5 grams ground cardamom
- 70 grams sugar
- 120 grams butter (softened)
- 1In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, milk, and yeast. Stir well.
- 2Cover and let it rest to double its size.
- 3Mix the pre-ferment, flour, egg, salt, cardamom, and sugar.
- 4Knead by hand, the dough may be difficult to knead at first.
- 5Let it rest for 10 minutes and add the butter in parts to thoroughly mix in.
- 6Continue to knead until the dough is soft and elastic. Shape into a ball.
- 7Place in a greased bowl and let it rest.
- 8Divide into 40 to 50 gram pieces and shape into rolls.
- 9Place on a baking sheet leaving sufficient space between them.
- 10Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- 11Cover the rolls with a wet rag or plastic and let them rise.
- 12Once they have risen somewhat, place in the oven. Spray the inside of the oven with water.
- 13Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
- 14Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- 15To toast, open with a fork (to achieve an uneven surface) and place in the oven at 130 to 140 C.
PER SERVING *
|Calories160Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.