Sushi BowlSobre Dulce y Salado
Like the idea of homemade sushi, but find the idea of making it at home a bit daunting. Try this recipe for Homemade Sushi that deconstructs the flavors and textures of your favorite sushi roll into a tasty sushi bowl. Layering fluffy short-grain rice with nori seaweed, these layers are then covered with a blend of fresh sliced avocado, sliced cucumber, fresh fish, and sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and tofu in a sweet and salty rice vinegar sauce.
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- olive oil
- 8 wild mushrooms
- 6 shrimp (deveined)
- tofu (cut into strips)
- fish (bonito, boneless)
- 1 avocado
- 1 roasted seaweed (algae sheet, cut into 0.5 cm. strips)
- soy sauce
- 1Wash and drain the rice, and repeat 7 times.
- 2Place the rice in a saucepan and add the water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. After this time, lower the heat and continue to cook for 10 more minutes. Remove from the stove and let it rest for 15 minutes. Keep the lid on at all times.
- 3In a saucepan, mix the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Heat until the sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from the stove and let it cool.
- 4Place the rice in a large baking sheet. Pour half of the rice vinegar mixture and mix using a wooden spoon. Use a fan to cool off the rice faster.
- 5In a saucepan, add the garlic, salt, olive oil, wild mushrooms, shrimp, and tofu. Cook until golden brown. Remove from the stove and let it cool.
- 6Once the shrimp is cool, remove the shell, but leave the tail on. Butterfly the shrimp.
- 7Cut the fish, avocado, and cucumber into strips.
- 8In 2 individual serving bowls add rice, cover with nori algae strips. Add another layer of rice and the tofu, Bonito fish, shrimp, wild mushrooms, avocado, and cucumber. Grate some ginger on top and add soy sauce and serve.