Surprise PieHoje para Jantar
A delicate buttery crust is the base for this savory and flavor-packed pie. Mushrooms, tomatoes, cod, and spinach are paired with eggs to make for a flavorful and fresh filling. This dish is perfect for a brunch and especially good in the summer when produce is at its freshest. Pair this with a green salad for a filling and healthy lunch, or try it with a mimosa for a festive brunch.
- 100 grams wheat flour
- 100 grams wholemeal flour
- 1 eggs
- 80 grams softened butter
- fish (/cod leftovers)
- fresh spinach
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 200 milliliters cream (or soy cream)
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Mix all the ingredients. If necessary, add a little water. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add the garlic, and let it fry until it starts to release its aroma and flavor the olive oil. Remove the garlic from the olive oil.
- 4Add the sliced mushrooms, and cook until they change color, and are soft.
- 5Add the spinach, and stir until they begin to wilt.
- 6Season with a pinch of salt.
- 7Roll out the pastry in a baking tray, or cake pan.
- 8Place the shredded fish on top.
- 9Add the mushrooms and spinach mixture on top of the fish.
- 10In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add the cream to the eggs, and mix. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour on the filling.
- 11Garnish with the sliced tomato.
- 12Bake for about 30 minutes, until custard is cooked and golden. If using puff pastry, bake at 225 C.
- 13Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- 14Remove the pie from the oven, and sprinkle with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- 15Serve with a green salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories610Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.