If you are looking to make a decadent dessert that is perfect for a party, celebration or special occasion, then try this recipe for Surprise Cupcakes. This recipe combines dark chocolate chunks or chips with decadent mini milk and hazelnut chocolate squares for a rich and dreamy cupcake that will whisk away the stresses of the day and put smiles on everyone’s faces. The frosting on the cupcakes can be tailored to any occasion by adding food coloring. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you need to satisfy that sweet tooth.
- 220 grams butter
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- snack chips
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 7.5 grams vanilla sugar
- 60 grams flour
- 11 grams baking powder
- 12 milk chocolate (mini, squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar (powderd)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- food coloring (purple)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt 100 grams of butter and the dark chocolate in a double boiler.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, and vanilla sugar. Add the melted butter and melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Mix the flour and baking powder and add them to the mixture.
- Fill the muffin cups until half full.
- Add a mini milk and hazelnut chocolate square in the center of each muffin. Cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 F.
- For the vanilla icing, whisk 120 grams of softened butter in a bowl and gradually stir in the powdered sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and food coloring until obtaining the desired color.
- Using a pastry bag, form a rosette of vanilla icing on top of each cooled muffin.
- Then, place your cupcakes in the refrigerator to allow the icing to harden. Decorate according as you wish.