Surimi and Papaya Quesadillas with Mango CreamLa Cocina de Babel
Spicy and tropical, these Surimi and Papaya Quesadillas are accompanied by a cool mango cream for a Mexican inspired dish straight from the Gulf of Mexico. The surimi and papaya mixture is made from a combination of cream cheese, chili peppers, and roasted red peppers and seasoned with garlic, fresh coriander and lime. Heated until golden on each side, these seafood quesadillas are a delicious lunch option during the summer.
- 170 grams cream cheese (goat, or fresh goat cheese, crumbled)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 onions (small, chopped)
- 1 red chili peppers (fresh, chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (roasted, peeled and chopped, or marinated red pepper)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1/2 lime (or lemon)
- 200 grams surimi (sticks, or crabsticks, crumbled)
- 1 papaya (small, peeled, deseeded and chopped)
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tortillas (wraps, flour or corn)
- 1 mango (large, ripe, peeled, stoned and chopped)
- 120 milliliters cream (thick)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the cheese, garlic, onion, peppers, chili, coriander, salt, and lime juice.
- 2Add the surimi and papaya, and mix carefully so as not to squash the papaya.
- 3Lightly grease a heavy frying pan with olive oil.
- 4Place a quarter of the mixture on one half of a tortilla wrap and fold over.
- 5Heat the frying pan and brown the quesadilla for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden on the outside and hot on the inside.
- 6Repeat this action with the remaining tortillas.
- 7To prepare the mango cream, place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- 8Serve the quesadillas accompanied by the mango cream.
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.