You may need to do some scouring online to locate a couple of the ingredients in this exotic stew, but it will be time and effort well spent. Surimi and shellfish cream concentrate, specifically, are not typically found in the supermarkets here in the U.S. so do your homework before getting started. The other ingredients are much more common and will give you an inkling of what this dish will taste like, namely an interesting melange of turkey, shellfish, and chickpeas in a flavorful sauce.
- 500 grams turkey breast
- 1 deciliter white wine
- 200 grams surimi
- 150 grams shellfish (assorted)
- 1 onions (small)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 deciliter olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cream (shellfish, concentrate)
- 1 can chickpeas
- Cut the meat into cubes and season with salt, pepper and white wine.
- Cut the surimi in pieces and set aside.
- Chop the onion and garlic, then stew them in olive oil.
- Cut the pepper into thin strips and add it to the stew. Then add the meat and leave to cook for about ten minutes, on low heat. When the meat is cooked, add the shellfish cream. Add the assorted shellfish and bring to the boil. Then add the surimi and chickpeas. Mix carefully and let the sauce simmer for a few more minutes.