- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 14 1/2 ounces Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper (large, diced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (diced)
- 3 3/4 ounces sliced black olives (drained)
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese blend (OR pizza blend cheese, shredded and divided)
- 15 slices pepperoni
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the pork, breaking it up with a spoon or spatula, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and Italian seasoning. Add the tomatoes (with their juices), bell pepper, mushrooms, and olives and cook, stirring occasionally, until the bell pepper is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the soup, salt and 1 cup of cheese. Add the mixture to the bowl with the spaghetti, stirring until well combined. Transfer to a 2-quart casserole dish, cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the casserole and top with the pepperoni and 1/2 cup of cheese. Return to the oven and bake uncovered until the pepperoni is hot and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.