- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 15 ounces pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans; set aside.
- Beat cake mix, pumpkin, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, eggs and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed, scraping sides occasionally, 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely. Sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners sugar or fill and frost with vanilla frosting.
- Or, prepare cake mix as above in 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For an extra special twist, stir 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice into 1-1/3 cups vanilla frosting. Frost cake, then lightly press finely chopped toasted pecans onto side of cake.