Super Easy Vegetable SoupWILLWHISNANT60472
Perfect for the single man or anyone who wants a meal with a "home cooked" flavor at a "frozen dinner" prep level. I make mine in a temperature controlled kettle/deep fryer so it's as easy as throwing everything into the pot, setting the temperature, and waiting for the magic at the end. Plus there's plenty of room for customization and adjustment. Would be great with beef or chicken added in but it's just fine by itself.
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes in puree (Cento organic chunky style)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 lb. mixed vegetables (store brand)
- 1 lb. red potatoes (petite)
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. sauce (Blair's Ultra Death, optional, pay attention: that's half a teaspoon and you better be prepared for the heat, not for the faint of heart)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup red wine
- Using at least a six quart pot; pour in the tomato paste, chicken broth, red wine, and mixed vegetables. Add in the butter.
- Rinse and cut the potatoes into medium sized chunks. If they're golf ball sized I usually cut them into six pieces, once across and twice through. Leave the skin on. Add them to the pot.
- If you didn't buy diced onion then get one out and dice it up. Add this to the pot.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories440Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes