Chocolate chips and espresso complement one another in this sweet coffee cake. Because the flour is sifted and egg whites are folded into the batter, the cake is light and airy. Once it's baked, the cake is dusted with powdered sugar and ready to ea…
. Serve it with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream for an extra-special treat. Store this confection covered at room temperature for up to a week.
- 200 grams sugar
- 3 eggs (medium)
- 3 eggs (medium, beaten to stiff peaks)
- 150 grams all-purpose flour
- 100 grams potato starch
- 10 grams baking powder
- 4 ounces espresso
- 100 grams butter (melted and cooled)
- 40 grams corn oil
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 100 grams chocolate chips (optional)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Prepare the espresso, add the instant coffee, stir to dissolve, and let it cool.
- Sift together the flour, potato starch, and baking powder.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and a drop of coffee. Add the butter.
- Add the sifted flour and gradually add the coffee, stirring to incorporate.
- Add the oil and incorporate it completely.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Delicately fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, cool it completely, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
|Calories930Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.