- 1 package french vanilla cake mix (Duncan Hines® Signature)
- 1 container Creamy Home-Style Frosting (Duncan Hines® Classic Vanilla)
- 1 can strawberry (Duncan Hines Comstock®)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine cake mix with water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Spread 1 cup frosting, on flat side of one cake layer leaving sides bare. Add a layer of strawberry pie filling on top of frosting. Top with next cake layer and garnish with remaining frosting and pie filling & topping.
- For a simple dulce de leche, submerge an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in boiling water, simmer for 3 hours (less, if you want it a thinner consistency) and cool.
- Pour 2-3 cups of sugar into a sealable container. Combine with the zest of one lemon, shake well and store. Lemon infused sugar can be used immediately or kept for months, just like regular sugar.
- Keep brown sugar soft by adding a couple of marshmallows to the bag.
- To make crystallized honey liquid again make it liquid again, place the honey jar in a container that allows water to move around it freely. Run under a hot water tap (shaking occasionally) until the crystals have melted.
- Use an egg slicer to quickly slice strawberries. Freshly sliced strawberries are the perfect topping to Angel Food cake!
- Reuse jelly, pickle or mason jars to keep your cupcake liners and icing tips clean and collected.
- Variety is the spice of life, so try different toppings on your cakes. We used spice cake with dulce de leche, fig preserves, powdered sugar, marmalade and ginger preserve, apricot jelly and honey.
- Clean caramel from a pot by filling it with water and letting it simmer on the stove—the warm water will wash it away.
- Whenever grating chocolate on a cheese grater always hold the chocolate cube with the palm of your hand not your fingertips. This method will protect your finger tips from getting nicked.
|Calories340Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.