- 1 package french vanilla cake mix (Duncan Hines® Signature)
- 1 container Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- 1 can strawberry (Duncan Hines Comstock®)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine cake mix with water, oil and eggs in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Spread 1 cup frosting, on flat side of one cake layer leaving sides bare. Add a layer of strawberry pie filling on top of frosting. Top with next cake layer and garnish with remaining frosting and pie filling & topping.