DO NOT bake the egg muffins directly in the muffin tin, they will stick!
Amount Per Serving = 1 muffin: Calories: 80.1 Total Fat: 2.3 g Cholesterol: 46.5 mg Sodium: 220.6 mg Total Carbs: 8.0 g Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g Protein: 7.2 g
- 3 eggs (large)
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds (or chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon onion (garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 2 handfuls spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil (/water, rinsed, drained & chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, place cupcake liners into a 12 muffin tin and spray generously with cooking spray. Alternatively, you could use a silicone BPA-free muffin baking pan or individual silicone BPA-free muffin cups. Then you won't have to use the cupcake liners. Also, foil lined baking cups work well. Also, you could make the egg bake in an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper and then cut into squares
- n a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites for 30 seconds. Add flax/chia seeds, feta cheese, onion (garlic) powder, salt, pepper and whisk to combine. Add quinoa, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and mix. Fill each muffin with egg mixture 3/4 full.
- If you have extra mixture bake in additional ramekins but do not overfill.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the egg muffins from the muffin tin and slide onto a platter. Serve hot
|Calories120Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.