- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 5 sage leaves (fresh)
- 1 shallot (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 6 shallots (peeled and halved)
- 1 whole garlic (head, clean, unpeeled and cut in half horizontally)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken (4 – 4 ½ pounds, cut into pieces, or 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts)
- butter (Herb, above)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
PER SERVING *
|Calories690Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Gloria 3 Sep
i used a whole chicken and stuffed it with herbs and lemon pieces. succulent and was given a big thumbs up from the family. would cook this a million times over
Lisa 25 Mar
just ok. Didn't have as much flavor as I would have liked.
Alea Esquivel 12 Nov 2017
This dish is amazing, the chicken is succulent and moist. I will absolutely make this again and again! This chicken was 5 stars with the my family!
Ljubica D. 7 Aug 2016
Awesome! I did it with a whole chicken and added Brussels sprouts to roast as well. DELICIOUS! Can't wait to eat leftovers tomorrow!
Michael Popov 24 Jan 2016
I am eating this chicken as I write this, and I have to say, it is probably the best roast chicken I have ever made! I substituted the butter with olive oil for the herb-butter and it works (i think) just as well! The sauce definitely makes a difference and the idea of putting mustard into your stock is genius!