- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (can use gluten free oats)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (raw, shelled)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (ground or whole)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup SunButter No Sugar Added (or any smooth variety)
- Line an 8×8-inch pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper with 2 sides overhanging edges of pan to easily lift out finished bars; set aside.
- On cookie sheet toast pumpkin seeds in a 350°F oven for 8 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Process dates in food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should for a “dough” like consistency.
- Place pumpkin seeds, dates, oats and golden raisins in a large mixing bowl. Add chia, sunflower, flax and hemp seeds and set aside.
- In small saucepan over low heat combine honey and SunButter. Stir until well blended and warm.
- Pour warm SunButter mixture over date mixture and mix, breaking up dates. Use a spoon or your hands to thoroughly mix until all ingredients are evenly dispersed throughout mixture.
- Transfer mixture to prepared 8×8-inch pan and spread until mixture is even thickness. Cover mixture with additional plastic wrap or parchment paper and press down firmly to compact bars. This will help them from being crumbly. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes to harden.
- Lift mixture from pan and cut into 10 bars. Store in airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for longer storage.
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.