This focaccia is studded with sun-dried tomatoes and spinkled with herbs de provence for a flavorful bread. The bread only requires 9 ingredients, so it is fairly simple to pull together. The dough needs a little time to rise, so you can prepare a d…
p or full meal to serve with it while you wait. The bread can be served as an appetizer, along with a light salad, or with an elaborate meal, it will go with pretty much everything.
- 275 milliliters warm water
- 50 grams sun dried tomatoes
- 500 grams bread flour
- 25 grams yeast
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- Hydrate the sun-dried tomatoes in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and chop them once they have hydrated. Set the water the tomatoes were soaked in aside.
- In a bowl, add the flour, yeast, tomatoes, herbs, salt, sugar and the water used to soak the tomatoes and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead thoroughly for 10 to 15 minutes until the dough is smooth and even. Coat a bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 1 hour in a warm place until it double in size.
- Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board and knead the dough for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stretch the dough with the help of a rolling pin.
- Put it on a baking tray and once again cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for another hour in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Once the dough has risen, make indents on the focaccia using your fingers. Drizzle a good amount of olive oil and sprinkle the coarse salt on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm.
|Calories550Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.