- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (cut into 4 equal slices)
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (drained and chopped, halves, packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups bertolli vineyard premium collect marinara with burgundi wine sauc
- 1/4 cup water
- Make 2-inch-long deep cut with knife parallel to cutting board in center of each chicken breast half to form pocket. Evenly stuff pockets with cheese and tomatoes; secure with wooden toothpicks. Sprinkle, if desired, with salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in flour.
- Heat Olive Oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 30 seconds. Stir in Sauce and simmer covered 6 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove toothpicks. Serve, if desired, over hot steamed escarole or spinach.
Mills 26 Jun
Incredible! ! ! My critical husband said this was the best chicken dish he had ever had; and, he's like Mikey: Mikey doesn't like anything. ( Old cereal commercial).
Calipaul 12 Feb 2017
I'm using Fontina and gouda instead of mozzarella, also roasted red bell peppers mixed with the cheese and tomatoes better flavor (imo) .