- 24 ounces white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (divided)
- 1 roasted red peppers (finely diced)
- 1 garlic bulb (roasted, about 12 roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons kalamata (diced)
- 1 onions (medium, finely diced)
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1/3 fat)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup provolone cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup asiago (grated)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon romano cheese
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems. Lightly oil mushroom caps and place on a greased cookie sheet. Finely dice mushroom stems, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, cheeses, half the dried bread crumbs, red pepper flakes and dried oregano. Stir until well combined. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Add diced mushroom stems and continue to sauté for one minute. Stir in roasted garlic, olives, roasted red peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Add sautéed vegetables to the reserved cream cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
- Scoop one tablespoon of mixture into prepared mushroom caps. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.