Featuring sun dried tomatoes, salsa verde, and goat cheese, this homemade vegetarian pizza is everything you could ask for. This recipe provides instructions for homemade pizza dough as well as for drying your own tomatoes.
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 grams instant yeast
- 2 1/2 cups water (warm)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 garlic (gloves)
- 2 coffee (spoons capers)
- pickles (some finely chopped)
- 1 chili (small)
- 1 handful parsley (basil, and mint)
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- goat cheese
- dried tomatoes
- pepper (a pinch of dried)
- Makes about 3 large pizzas. (You may divide the big ball of dough into 2 or 3 balls and freeze them for later use.)
- Preheat oven to 200F, and turn off.
- Pour half of the water into the yeast, sugar and olive oil, add more as needed.
- Allow it to foam for about ten minutes.
- Mix the flour and salt together, then add yeast/water mixture.
- If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, if it is too dry, add a water a teaspoon at a time.
- Put the dough in a bowl and place in the oven with a moist cloth covering.
- Let it rise between 1 and 2 hours. The dough should at least double in volume.
- Spread the pizza base with salsa verde.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, and pepper.
- Bake it for about 20 minutes until crispy.
- To serve, add the olive oil to the remaining salsa verde to make it more moist, and then spread it on the pizza that's coming out of the oven.
- Top with basil and mint and serve immediately.
- To prepare homemade dried tomatoes:
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them in four, remove the seeds and wipe them.
- Arrange your tomatoes on a baking plate, sprinkle them with a little sugar and salt.
- Bake for about 1 hour, then reduce the oven to 140°C and and keep on baking for another 20 minutes.
- Let them dry in the turned-off oven.
- Put them in a jar of olive oil with herbs and keep them in the refrigerator for several months.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1060Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.