Sun Dried Tomato Pizza & Goat Cheese Salsa VerdeMurmures
Featuring sun dried tomatoes, salsa verde, and goat cheese, this homemade vegetarian pizza is everything you could ask for. This recipe provides instructions for homemade pizza dough as well as for drying your own tomatoes.
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 grams instant yeast
- 2 1/2 cups water (warm)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 garlic (gloves)
- 2 coffee (spoons capers)
- pickles (some finely chopped)
- 1 chili (small)
- 1 handful parsley (basil, and mint)
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- goat cheese
- dried tomatoes
- pepper (a pinch of dried)
- 1Makes about 3 large pizzas. (You may divide the big ball of dough into 2 or 3 balls and freeze them for later use.)
- 2Preheat oven to 200F, and turn off.
- 3Pour half of the water into the yeast, sugar and olive oil, add more as needed.
- 4Allow it to foam for about ten minutes.
- 5Mix the flour and salt together, then add yeast/water mixture.
- 6If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, if it is too dry, add a water a teaspoon at a time.
- 7Put the dough in a bowl and place in the oven with a moist cloth covering.
- 8Let it rise between 1 and 2 hours. The dough should at least double in volume.
- 9Spread the pizza base with salsa verde.
- 10Add the crumbled goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, and pepper.
- 11Bake it for about 20 minutes until crispy.
- 12To serve, add the olive oil to the remaining salsa verde to make it more moist, and then spread it on the pizza that's coming out of the oven.
- 13Top with basil and mint and serve immediately.
- 14To prepare homemade dried tomatoes:
- 15Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 16Wash the tomatoes, cut them in four, remove the seeds and wipe them.
- 17Arrange your tomatoes on a baking plate, sprinkle them with a little sugar and salt.
- 18Bake for about 1 hour, then reduce the oven to 140°C and and keep on baking for another 20 minutes.
- 19Let them dry in the turned-off oven.
- 20Put them in a jar of olive oil with herbs and keep them in the refrigerator for several months.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1060Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|