- 1 pound Basic Egg Pasta Dough (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Attach Pasta Sheet Roller to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Set adjustment knob on roller at 1. Turn mixer to Speed 2. Feed one flattened piece of dough into rollers to knead. Fold dough in half and roll again. Repeat folding and kneading process several times, or until dough is smooth and pliable. Lightly dust pasta with flour while rolling, if needed, to aid in drying and separation. Knead and fold each piece of dough in same manner.
- Move adjustment knob to setting 2. Feed dough through rollers to further flatten. Change to setting 3 and feed dough through rollers again. Change to setting 4; feed dough through twice. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough. Stop mixer.
- Stop mixer; exchange Pasta Sheet Roller for Fettuccine Cutter attachment. Turn mixer to Speed 4. Feed flattened pasta sheets through cutter. Carefully arrange pasta on Pasta Drying Rack.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in large pot; season generously with salt. Add pasta and cook 2 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, shallots, garlic and salt in large skillet. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until shallots are softened. Add sun-dried tomatoes; cook 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in wine; continue cooking 4 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Add chicken stock and cream; simmer 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add hot cooked fettuccine; toss to coat. Top with basil and cheese just before serving.
|Calories560Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.