- 3 tablespoons olive oil (good)
- 1 french bread (small, or boule, cut into 1-inch cubes, 6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tomatoes (large ripe, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 hothouse cucumber (unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 bell peppers (seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes, I like to use a combination of purple or yellow or orange, to nicely colorize the dish)
- 1/2 red onion (cut in half and thinly sliced)
- 20 basil leaves (large, coarsely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (finely)
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil (good)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
|Calories340Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mel R. 24 days ago
Super yummy!! Added avacado and served on lettuce leavesnto beef it up a bit for my hubby but was a huge hit! Also used Turkish bread, worked great! So good with the dressing soaked up in it!
Rachael B. 15 Jul 2018
With two of us in the family, I make the entire recipe, but then divide it in half. I add half the bread to half the veggies for one meal, then add more bread when we eat the other half. This keeps the bread from disintegrating in the leftovers. Very tasty!
Traci 1 Jul 2018
Tasted great! Awesome recipe.
Lancour 9 Jun 2018
Really enjoyed this. Didnt have capers so we skipped those.
Gail G. 6 Jul 2017
Excellent. Substituted zucchini for cucumber, and green olives for capers. Used A Kalamata olive bâtard for the bread