Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad with Sundried Tomato-Caper VinaigretteFOODISTA
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- 1. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a food processor/blender (except for the oil). Blend until mostly chopped up. While the blender is on low, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the consistency is a chunky dressing. Taste for salt and seasonings.
- 2. Bring water salted and sprayed/oiled water to a boil and add pasta. Boil until slightly softer than al dente.
- 3. As the pasta is boiling, make the vegetable saute. In a large skillet, spray with PAM and pour oil- place over medium high heat. Add onions and saute for about 30 seconds then add garlic. Toss and add red crushed pepper and seasonings. Saute for about 6-7 minutes until onions are golden and slightly soft. Add zucchini and saute for another 5 or so minutes. Once the zucchini and onions are soft, add the asparagus and saute for a few more minutes. We add it in at the end, because they’ve already becoming tender from blanching, so you don’t want to mush them.
- 4. Once the pasta is boiled, drain and add directly to the warm sauteed vegetables. Toss and drizzle with half of the dressing. Toss and taste for seasoning- it might need some more dressing. Transfer to a large bowl. Once it is slightly cooled, add the cubed mozzarella, toss and refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, top with a generous portion of parmigiana cheese.
|Calories380Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.