- 1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 2 3/4 cups cranberry juice
- 3 large eggs (separated)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pound mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- 8 ladyfingers (halved lengthways)
- 1 pound strawberries (hulled, halved)
- 4 peaches (ripe, pitted and sliced)
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water in a small bowl; stand for 3 mins. Microwave the gelatin mixture on medium for about 20 seconds or until dissolved. Combine warm gelatin mixture and juice in a large bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour 30 mins or until almost set.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks, vanilla bean paste, and half the sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. In a separate bowl, beat mascarpone and 1 tbsp liqueur with a wooden spoon until well combined. Gently fold in egg yolk mixture. Beat egg whites and remaining sugar in a clean bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon half the cranberry jelly into the base of a large trifle bowl. Brush the cut sides of the ladyfingers with remaining liqueur. Top jelly with half the ladyfingers, breaking up to fit the dish. Top with half the strawberries and peaches, followed by half the mascarpone mixture. Top with remaining jelly, ladyfingers and mascarpone mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours, or until firm.
- Top with the remaining strawberries and peaches and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.