- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened, plus more for greasing the pan)
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk low fat (is fine)
- 3/4 pound strawberries (hulled and halved)
PER SERVING *
|Calories190Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Courtney Buttram 27 Oct
VERY sweet, I’d recommend drinking water with the cake or using less vanilla extract- make sure you wait until the cake cools to try to take it out of the pan. Delicious though, and very fluffy. Makes the kitchen smell amazing.
Lt 15 Oct
I thought this might be dry but it was not! Made this twice & both times it was perfect. Only change: baked 55 minutes.
Julie 12 Aug
Reminds me of strawberry shortcake. So easy to make and tastes great!
Nora 12 Jul
Great ,My husband loved it !and so easy to make can’t wait until I try with out her berries.....
JOY Hardy 10 Jul
The strawberries, which were not big and heavy, sank completely. The cake was dry but tasty, and did not have the same visual appeal. I used margarine instead of butter. Is that likely to be responsible for the strawberries sinking? I note that other reviewers claim that the recipe worked well, even when olive oil was substituted for butter.
Andrea 7 Jul
Great, love this recipe; one of my favorites 🤗
Ty I. 25 Apr 2017
I followed the instructions exactly and it came out perfect! Stayed moist for several days as promised. Will definitely make again.
Kate S. 30 Mar 2016
Love it! I've also made it with raspberries to good effect. I imagine this would work with most berries.
Stephanie Assouline 29 Aug 2015
This was a simple, moist and delicious cake. I had frozen blueberries and strawberries in the freezer; I used that and it came out wonderfully. I also added slivered almonds prior to baking.