Although this salad dinner is good all year, it’s best with garden-fresh vegetables during summer months. Serve with warm dinner rolls and fresh fruit.
- 3 boneless pork chops (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans (trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch lengths)
- 10 red potato (small, quartered)
- 1 summer squash (medium, OR zucchini, thinly sliced)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3/4 cup italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- In medium self-sealing bag combine pork cubes, soy sauce and water; seal bag and set aside. Cover potatoes with water in saucepan; bring to boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes until potatoes are just tender, adding green beans to simmering water during last 5-7 minutes. Drain; place in large bowl with squash and tomatoes. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss lightly.
- Drain pork cubes, discarding marinade. In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry pork for 4-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from heat. Arrange shredded lettuce on individual plates. Spoon vegetable mixture over lettuce, top with pork cubes.