Toast is not just for breakfast, especially when they have savory toppings such as the ones in this recipe. Brush the toast with oil while it's still warm and better able to soak it up. Half of the toasts are topped with goat cheese and then browned…
with a kitchen blowtorch (or just run it back under the broiler, keeping an eye on it constantly), with a final drizzle of honey. The remaining toasts are layered with sliced sausage and cheese, plus chives and a drizzle of oil.
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices goat cheese
- dried parsley (to taste)
- honey (to taste)
- 8 slices pork sausage (black)
- sheep cheese (to taste)
- chives (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Toast the slices of bread. Sprinkle each with olive oil while still warm.
- Place 1 slice of goat cheese on 2 pieces of toast. Sprinkle with the dried parsley and use a hand torch to slightly melt the cheese. Garnish with a drizzle of honey.
- On the remaining 2 slices of toast, place slices of sausage, sheep cheese, chives, and a little olive oil.
- Serve with a spinach salad.