Summer Grilled PorkPork
- 4 New York pork chops (top loin, 1 inch thick)
- 10 strips bacon (thick cut, applewood smoked or regular, about 12 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers (thinly cut)
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts (drained, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon (style mustard)
- 1/2 cup beer (IPA-style preferred)
- 1Pound out each pork chop between two pieces of plastic wrap until 1/4 inch thick. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 2Preheat grill to medium.
- 3On a large sheet of aluminum foil, lay out bacon strips vertically, overlapping them by 1/4 inch. Arrange the pork chops in one layer over the bacon. Spread a thin 2-inch wide layer of cream cheese horizontally across the portion of the pork closest to you. On top of the cream cheese, evenly distribute the bread crumbs, roasted pepper, artichokes, and jalapeños. Starting with the edge closest to you, carefully roll the pork into a cylinder, lifting the foil to keep it outside the roll. Drizzle the vinegar over the bacon and close the foil tightly to keep the cylindrical shape.
- 4In a small skillet over medium heat, combine the honey, mustard and beer. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, until reduced by one-third and thickened. Set aside half of the sauce for serving and the other half for basting.
- 5Place the foil-covered cylinder on the grill and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each of the four sides. Remove the foil and crisp the bacon on the grill, turning four times and basting with the honey-mustard sauce at each turn. After basting, remove from grill when instant-read thermometer in the middle of the meat registers 140 degrees F, about 5 to 6 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 6To serve, cut into 3/4 inch slices and drizzle with remaining honey-mustard sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.