- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tomatoes (large, seeded and chopped, about 4 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 4 slices bacon (crisp-cooked and crumbled)
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until starting to brown. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and stir in tomatoes and salt, then simmer 2 minutes. In food processor or blender, process 1/2 of the tomato mixture in batches until smooth; set aside.
- Process remaining tomato mixture with Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into smooth tomato mixture. Serve warm and garnish with bacon and, if desired, shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese.