- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (plus additional for dusting)
- 8 tablespoons butter (cold, chopped)
- 1 egg yolk
- 9 ounces strawberries
- 9 ounces raspberries
- 9 ounces blueberries
- 2 cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean (split)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Sift flour and powdered sugar into a large bowl. Rub in butter using fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add yolk and mix to form a firm but pliable dough. Knead lightly. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 1/8-inch thickness. Press into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges. Refrigerate 15 mins.
- Line pastry with parchment paper and fill with dried beans. Bake for 10 mins. Remove paper and beans. Bake for 10-15 mins until golden. Cool completely.
- For the pastry cream, heat milk in a medium saucepan with the vanilla bean until almost boiling. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until thick and pale. Beat in cornstarch.
- Remove vanilla bean from warm milk. Whisk in egg mixture. Cook, stirring, on medium heat until custard boils and thickens. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of custard to prevent a skin forming. Cool.
- Spoon pastry cream into tart shell. Refrigerate until chilled. Top with berries and dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.