Summer Beef SkewersMarmita
Summer is for grilling, and here's another recipe to add to your regular rotation. What's more, it lets you grill squid and shrimp with tomatoes without worrying about them falling through the grates. The key is to thread them onto skewers, which need to be soaked in water for a good half hour to keep them from scorching on the grill. You'll also want to clean and brush the grates with oil once they are hot, and also brush the items on the skewers with oil, to keep them from sticking.
- 8 pumpkin (cubes)
- 8 squid strips
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 8 shrimp
- olive oil (to taste)
- fleur de sel (or sea salt, to taste)
- pink peppercorns (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh coriander (to taste)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1Soak the wooden skewers in water so they will not burn on the grill.
- 2Preheat your grill.
- 3Chop the pumpkin, squid, and tomatoes into small pieces. Peel the shrimp and remove the heads.
- 4Thread pieces of pumpkin, squid, and tomato onto the skewers. Season with a little bit of olive oil, fleur de sel, and pink pepper.
- 5Grill for 15 minutes or until cooked through. While they are grilling, prepare a sauce by combining the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, fresh coriander, and lime juice with a mortar and pestle.
- 6Brush the skewers with the sauce once they come off the grill. Serve immediately.