Sugarless Fruit CompoteEL INVITADO DE INVIERNO
No sugar needed for this tasty recipe for Sugarless Fruit Compote. Made from a medley of dried fruits, pears, and apples, this Sugarless Fruit Compote is seasoned with cinnamon, allspice, and orange extract making it the perfect wintertime compote to serve atop custards, puddings, or simply as a dessert with freshly whipped cream. This compote can be canned in order to preserve it for up to a month for later use, see recipe for instructions.
- 250 grams dried apricots
- 100 grams dates (pitted)
- 100 grams prunes (pitted)
- 200 grams dried figs
- 2 pears (firm-fleshed, peeled and quartered)
- 2 apples (firm-fleshed, peeled and quartered)
- 500 mL wine (moscatel)
- 500 mL water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. allspice berries
- orange extract (or orange zest)
- In a nonstick pot, apricots, dates, prunes, figs, pears, apples, wine, water, cinnamon stick, allspice, and a splash of orange extract or a pinch of orange zest. Bring the pot to a boil on medium-high heat. Then, lower the heat and simmer 40 to 50 minutes until all the fruit is soft.
- Place in a container to preserve a few days or can it to last up to a month.
- To can it, place the compote in a sterilized jar, seal it, and place it upside down to cool.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories610Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes