- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (divided)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup i can't believe it's not butter! all purpose sticks
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream (or milk)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks with sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in flour on low speed just until blended.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls with lightly floured hands and arrange on ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Gently flatten each ball with bottom of lightly floured flat glass. Bake 12 minutes or until cookie bottoms are lightly golden. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Mix confectioners sugar, heavy cream and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth; drizzle over cookies. Let stand until icing is firm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Brunette M. 30 Aug 2016
I like this recipe! I was looking for a good sugar cookie recipe that didn't use "cream of tartar" (because I didn't have it at home) and found this. Now I will say that I used a different kind of sugar (i can't remember a specific kind sorry!); the granules were very big about 4x bigger than average white sugar granule (because I was also lacking regular white sugar and didn't know until too late, silly me) so I'm not sure if this may affect the outcome of the cookie but it probably did. Regardless, the consistency is reminiscent of the Russian tea cake cookies, if you've never had a Russian tea cake cookie you need to go make some cause you have been missing out! These cookies aren't too sugary but not too plain, I eat them with or without the icing since I like a plain cookie sometimes. I will be using this recipe again, thank you for posting it!