Pie is a palate pleasing way to pack some of your favorite ingredients into a delicious and rich crust. If you are searching for a different pie to make that will make your mouth happy, then try this Sugar Pie recipe. This creamy and flavorful pie does not need many ingredients to pack in the decadent flavors. You need to let this crust rise before you bake it, so make sure you allow time for that. You can serve this pie up warm with a scoop of ice cream, or after it has cooled down for a quick treat.
- 250 grams flour
- 25 grams powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons bakers yeast
- 100 grams butter
- 25 milliliters milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- 25 grams milk
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast.
- Melt the butter and milk in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Combine the butter mixture with the flour mixture.
- Add the eggs, one by one, to get a fairly soft dough ball.
- Spread the dough on a piece of parchment paper and form a circle 30 centimeters in diameter with your hands.
- Cover the dough with a clean cloth and let rise for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the egg yolk with milk and brush on the dough.
- Sprinkle with the sugar.
- Distribute the butter evenly on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.