Cupcakes are delightful hand-held desserts that can be dressed up with frosting and toppings to please the palate and decorate the party. This recipe for Sugar Glazed Peach Cupcakes takes 60 minutes to prepare and look beautiful when done. Everyone will love the look and taste of these delicious sweets. Ingredients include canned peaches, flour, baking powder, baking soda, egg, sugar, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, olive oil, and chocolate chips to garnish.
- 250 grams peaches (canned, or 1 ripe mango, peeled)
- 250 grams flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 225 grams sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 containers greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 70 grams chocolate chips (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Dice the peaches (or mango) and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lemon zest and sugar and mix for approximately 15 seconds on high speed.
- Once mixed well, remove and set aside about half of the mixture, leaving the rest in the mixer.
- Combine the egg, vanilla extract, yogurt, and olive oil in the bowl and mix very well for approximately five minutes at medium speed.
- Finally, add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix for approximately 15 seconds at low to medium speed.
- Using a spatula, add the peaches (or mango) to the mix, setting aside a few to use as a garnish.
- Pour the mix into greased muffin tins, and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 30 minutes.
- After about 30 minutes, turn off the oven and let them stand for approximately 5 minutes as the oven cools. Then remove them and let them cool.
- While they cool, mix the sugar and lemon zest mix that was set aside with water, creating a glaze.
- Spread the glaze over the cupcakes and garnish with the extra diced peaches and chocolate chips to serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories880Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.