Nothing like a Stunning Cream Caramel to brghten up your day. This Stunning Cream Caramel recipe also makes for a perfect childrens lunch. Prepare this Stunning Cream Caramel recipe the night before and pack in your kids lunchboxes. You will not be let down by this Stunning Cream Caramel recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or give this Stunning Cream Caramel recipe a star rating so others can follow along!
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 1 liter whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 150 grams caster sugar
- Put the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until the caramel turns an amber color.
- Immediately pour the caramel into a Pyrex-type mold, and spread it on the edges by turning the mold around.
- Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Split the vanilla pod in 2 lengthwise.
- Scrape out the small seeds with the tip of a knife and put them in a saucepan with the milk.
- Heat over low heat, without letting it boil.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and yolks with the sugar with an electric whisk. Trickle in the milk, and mix.
- Filter the mixture through a sieve. Transfer the mixture into the caramelized mold.
- In a larger container than the mold, place a few sheets of newspaper, place the pan on top, and fill with hot water halfway up.
- Bake in the water bath for about 35 minutes (the water must not boil).
- To check the cooking, insert the tip of a knife into the cream, it should come out dry.
- Remove the cream.
- Allow to cool.
- Remove from pan, and place on a plate.
- Serve cold.
PER SERVING *
|Calories630Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.