- 5 zucchini (medium, halved lengthwise)
- 3 tablespoons i can't believe it's not butter! spread
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (small, finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scoop out pulp from 8 zucchini halves; set aside. Arrange zucchini halves on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop remaining zucchini and pulp. Melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chopped zucchini and onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add red pepper, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Let stand to cool slightly.
- Evenly spoon vegetable mixture into zucchini halves. Top with cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until zucchini are tender.
PER SERVING *
|Calories150Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
olga GUTIERREZ 5 Mar
Easy to make and delicious! I’ve prepared this recipe a couple of times and my family just loves it!
5a039cb4-716f-48dc-ae1a-4c76cca209fe 26 Jan 2017
family loved it... thank you.. i added cheese ontop.. i would make it again.. u didnt add anything else
Jenny Parada 14 Oct 2016
I loved it. I added tomato, red bell pepper and turkey breast. Definitely, I will make it again. Everyone loved it and said that it tasted good.
Nancy F. 23 Sep 2016
Very tasty. Great way to use up zucchini that's becoming overly ripe. My family really liked it. Will make again.
Maria V. 12 Aug 2016
I made stuffed zucchini tonight but I also cooked Italian sausage taken out of the castings and brown them and added it to the stuffing with mozzarella and parmesan. This is a keeper. .
Cynthia G. 4 Sep 2015
how about adding shrimp or crabmeat to the mixture yummmmmmmmmmmmmm I've got plenty of zucchini in my garden been picking most of the latter part of summer and always looking for interesting ideas to use My hubby and I will use the small ones and cut lengthwise in half, sauté in large fry pan with olive oil cut side down. After a short time and underside is just turning brown, flip to other side and add salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders reduce heat smother with cheddar cover til cheese melts sooooo good
Barbara P. 22 Jul 2015
Great recipe and I added bacon bits,chopped tomatoes to mine and covered with cheddar cheese after it was done and it was a hit at my 4th of July party.