- 2 slices bacon
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound ground veal
- 1/2 yellow onion (small, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli Classico Olive Oil
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1 jar bertolli vidalia onion with roasted garlic sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook bacon in 10-inch skillet. Let cool, then cut into 16 even pieces; set aside.
- Combine pork, veal, onion, basil, parsley, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper in medium bowl; shape into 16 meatballs. Split each meatball in half, then put cheese and bacon in center; seal. Arrange meatballs in 11 x 13-inch baking dish, then drizzle with Olive Oil. Bake 20 minutes.
- Heat Sauce in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, then add meatballs and cook 10 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve over hot spaghetti and garnish, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese and additional parsley.