Stuffed Roasted PotatoesKooking
These roasted potatoes are stuffed with pork for a filling and hearty meal. The pork is marinated in a spice and white wine mixture and then slow roasted, so it is tender and moist. This makes for a great dinner, pair it with a light green salad for a complete meal. This is a great choice for a Sunday meal, when you can take your time and enjoy the time it takes to prepare it.
- pork roast (such as pork neck, about 1 kg)
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- dry white wine
- 6 medium potatoes (about 150 g)
- pork loin roast (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 onions (small)
- 6 tablespoons Béchamel Sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For the pork roast, mix all the spices with white wine to form spice rub.
- 2Rub spice mixture over pork roast.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 4-24 hours.
- 4Place pork roast in a prepared roasting pan and cover with foil.
- 5Roast in preheated oven at 160°C (approximately 320°F) for about two hours.
- 6Remove foil and roast for an additional 30 minutes.
- 7Set aside to rest.
- 8For the potatoes, scrub potatoes and cook in a pot of boiling, salted water for about 20 minutes.
- 9Drain and rinse in cold water, then drain again.
- 10Sauté diced onion and season to taste with salt.
- 11Mix shredded pork with tomato sauce, onions and béchamel sauce.
- 12With a sharp knife, cut potatoes crosswise, carefully open and scoop out flesh and fill with pork mixture.
- 13Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 14Bake in preheated oven at for about 10 minutes at 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 15Serve warm.