- 120 milliliters milk
- 25 milliliters orange juice
- 25 milliliters port wine
- 70 grams melted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 grams sugar
- 1 Orange (zest)
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 425 grams wheat flour
- 11 grams dry yeast
- 300 grams mixed nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, and almonds)
- gila jam (to taste)
- cinnamon powder (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk (beaten for brushing)
- jelly (to taste)
- powdered sugar (to taste)
- In a bread machine, combine the milk, orange juice, wine, butter, and egg yolks. Stir a little to mix.
- Add the sugar, a pinch of salt, orange zest, lemon zest, flour, and yeast. Set the machine to the kneading and baking setting.
- After the cycle ends, wait for the dough to double in volume, which takes about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 120°F.
- Remove the dough from the bread machine and add the mixed nutes (save some for the garnish). Knead the nuts into the dough.
- Stretch the dough into a rectangular shape, coat with gila jam and sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
- Roll the dough into a log, bring the ends together and shape as a twisted circle, and place on a floured baking sheet.
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg yolk and arrange the remaining nuts to garnish.
- Place the tray in the oven at 120°F until it doubles in volume again.
- Once it has doubled in volume, set the temperature for 360°F and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush with jelly and sprinkle with powdered sugar.