- 10 quail eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces prawns (frozen cooked, defrosted)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 sprigs dill (finely chopped, plus extra to garnish)
- 1 pinch paprika
- 3 radishes (trimmed and finely sliced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 15 king prawns (tail-on raw)
- 1 tomato
- 1 lime
- coriander (chopped, to garnish)
- Place the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 4 mins. Drain and rinse under cold water for 2-3 mins. Peel.
- Place the mayonnaise, prawns and lemon juice in a bowl and purée with an immersion blender. Stir in the dill and paprika. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolks, stir the yolks into the prawn mixture and mix well. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle. Pipe into the egg centers and chill until ready to serve. Just before serving garnish with the radish slices and extra dill.
- To make the marinated king prawns, place 2 tbsp of the oil in a bowl with the garlic, chili powder and coriander powder. Add the king prawns and stir well to coat in the marinade. Chill for 30 mins to allow the flavors to develop.
- Meanwhile, place the tomato in a pan of boiling water, simmer until the skin splits. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon. When cool enough to handle peel off the skin. Finely chop.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, fry the king prawns for 3 mins, add the chopped tomato and lime juice and cook for a further minute. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve on wooden cocktail sticks. Garnish with fresh coriander.
PER SERVING *
|Calories110Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.