Stuffed Pork, Cheddar and Apple PaniniPork
- 8 pork loin chops (cut 1/4-inch thick and trimmed, 10 to 12 ounces total)
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- nonstick spray
- 8 slices wheat bread (country, 1/2-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 1 granny smith apples (cored and sliced 1/8-inch thick)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (reduced-fat, made with 2% milk/fat free, thinly sliced)
- 1In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves and mustard. Set aside.
- 2Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook pork chops for 2 to 3 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145 degrees F., turning pork chops over halfway through cooking. Remove from pan and set aside 3 minutes.
- 3Drain pan of juices and scrape bits from bottom of pan with metal spatula. Wipe pan dry with paper towels..
- 4To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each slice of bread with about 1 teaspoon margarine. Place bread slices, buttered sides down on clean cutting board. Spread unbuttered sides with apricot-mustard mixture. On half of the bread slices, layer pork, apple and cheese. Place remaining bread slices on top, buttered sides up, to form sandwiches.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat skillet over medium heat. Place the 2 sandwiches in skillet without a Panini press. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Repeat cooking remaining 2 sandwiches.
- 6Makes 4 servings
- 7*To cook sandwiches using an electric Panini grill, preheat grill according to manufacturer’s directions. Place sandwich(s) on grill; lower top of grill and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
PER SERVING *
|Calories960Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.