- 8 boneless pork loin chops (cut 1/4-inch thick and trimmed, 10 to 12 ounces total)
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 slices wheat bread (country, 1/2-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (cored and sliced 1/8-inch thick)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (reduced-fat, made with 2% milk/fat free, thinly sliced)
- In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves and mustard. Set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook pork chops for 2 to 3 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145 degrees F., turning pork chops over halfway through cooking. Remove from pan and set aside 3 minutes.
- Drain pan of juices and scrape bits from bottom of pan with metal spatula. Wipe pan dry with paper towels..