- 6 bell peppers (large, any color, prepared as directed below)
- 2 pounds ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes (or diced tomatoes with their juice)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce (or Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (divided, or any good melting cheese)
|Calories950Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kimberly Brown 13 days ago
I tried making stuff peppers once before from another recipe.... unfortunately those wasn’t as tasty BUT I really enjoyed these, they was delicious & I will definitely be making these again (5 ⭐️’s)
Linda R. 22 Mar 2018
Meat mixture was really good however I think I would boil the bell peppers a little before filling them n putting into the oven . They were a little hard but good
Gaines Fulghum 11 Mar 2018
Quick and easy and soooo good
Gabriele K. 18 Jan 2018
Very tasty, but the filling is way too much for 6 peppers. Next time I would either use 8 peppers or make less filling.
Katie Rokosz Clouser 24 Oct 2017
Very tasty. I've had trouble finding stuffed pepper recipes where the filling is not too dry. This one turned out great. I also had left over stuffing, but it was delicious to eat on its own as a leftover!
Dolores L. 11 Oct 2017
Tasted good needed more cook time for the rice though.
Erica :) 18 Sep 2017
Awesome! I ended up adding a little more pepper as well as some paprika for a kick
SunflowersInSnow . 23 May 2017
Extremely tasty. Easy follow recipe. Appreciate it.
Mark Saltsman 16 Oct 2016
Came out very good. My wife loved it,as did I. Excess stuffing left over but could be a result of the size of the peppers I had available.