- 4 portobello mushrooms (cleaned)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup ricotta (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (finely)
- chives (chopped, to serve)
- polenta (Parmesan)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (finely)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and discard, then place the mushrooms, open-side up, on the prepared tray.
- Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over moderate heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until browned. Add the garlic and spinach and cook, stirring, for 1 min, or until the spinach wilts. Remove the pan from the heat. and allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Combine the cooled spinach mixture and ricotta and season.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the mushrooms. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 20 mins or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, make the parmesan polenta. Bring the stock to a boil in a medium heavy-based saucepan over a moderate heat. Gradually add the polenta, stirring. Cook and stir for 8-10 mins or until quite thick. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and parmesan.
- Spoon the polenta onto serving plates. Top with mushrooms and sprinkle with chives. Serve.
|Calories470Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.