- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 12 mushrooms (large stuffing, wiped with paper towel and stems removed)
- 1/2 pound carrots (peeled and cut into thin slices)
- 1/2 pound zucchini (finely diced)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 ounces gouda cheese (shredded)
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bunch parsley leaves (chopped)
- 1 bunch chives (chopped)
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. Chop the mushroom stems finely and add them to a pan with the other vegetables and the hot stock. Cook for 2-3 minutes, drain and save the stock. Mix together the cooked rice, chopped mushroom stems, 2 /3 of the vegetables and sunflower seeds, cheese and sour cream. Season with salt, pepper and curry spices
- Preheat the oven 400°F. Fill the mushrooms with rice mixture and place in a large ovenproof dish. Add the remaining vegetables and 1 cup of the stock to the dish, bake for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 2 mins. In another pan heat the milk and remaining stock. Gradually add the hot liquid to the butter mixture and stir with a whisk until the sauce comes to a boil and is thickened. Turn the sauce down to a low heat. Saving a few for garnish, add the chopped herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the stuffed mushrooms and vegetables to a serving platter. Spoon over the herb sauce and garnish with sunflower seeds and herbs.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.