The combination of ground beef and pork makes a complex base for these meatballs. The meat is mixed with a variety of fragrant spices such as parsley, cilantro, and cumin for a bold bite. What makes this recipe really unique is that the meatballs are stuffed with cheese and rolled in seeds before being baked. The cheese melts to create a gooey, almost molten center while the seeds add a nice bit of crunch. These make a great appetizer or you serve them with a salad to enjoy as a meal.
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- 250 grams pork meat (ground lean)
- 250 grams lean minced beef (ground)
- 1 egg
- 200 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (Pink)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander (finely chopped)
- cheese (Emmental)
- sesame seeds
- poppy seeds
- Chop the onion, and slowly fry in olive oil for about 7 minutes, until soft.
- In a bowl, mix the onion with all the ingredients, except the emmental cheese, and seeds.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to180 degrees Celsius.
- Shape a small ball with the meat mixture, and flatten it in the palm of your hand. Put a teaspoon of grated emmental cheese in the middle and close the ball with the cheese inside. Continue until all the meat has been used.
- Roll the meatballs in the seeds to coat.
- Place the meatballs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with a colorful salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.